Thursday, April 15, 2010

The War

Two songs. Two different takes on the same story. One has inspiring lyrics, the other, emotional. One is sweet, the other perky. I like them both….some more than others at different moments during the day.
The war rages.

To be honest….my first instinct is to sing the perky, emotional, drug song. But in singing Someday, there is hope for a happier ending. What do you think?


Someday- Francesca Battistelli
I wanna be the one who knows everything about you
I wanna be the one who’s always on your mind
I wanna be the one to get all of your affection and attention
You’re the one that I’ve been waiting for, for all this time
And I can’t imagine anything, anything better than

(Chorus)
Someday falling in love with you
Holding your hand
Making our plans all come true
Someday under a sky so blue
I’ll give you my heart
Our story will start
Someday soon

I wanna be the one who does everything with you
Watching stars, washing cars, taking walks, going to the store
I wanna be the one who gets to change her last name someday
To something that sounds something more like yours

(Chorus)

Yeah I’ll be telling you I love you
On a picture perfect day
And those words inside my head
They sound like angels singing praise
It’s what I was made to say

Your Love Is My Drug- Ke$ha
Maybe I need some rehab, or maybe I just need some sleep
I've got a sick obsession, I'm seeing it in my dreams
I'm looking down every alley, I'm making those desperate calls
I’m staying up all night hoping, Hit my head against the walls

(chorus)

What you've got boy is hard to find
I think about it all about it all the time
I'm all strung out my heart is fried
I just cant get you off my mind
Because your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love your love your love
I said your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love your love your love

Won't listen to any advice, mamma's telling me I should think twice
But left to my own devices i'm addicted, its a crisis!
My friends think I've gone crazy, my judgment is getting kinda hazy
My status is gonna be affected if I keep it up like a love sick crackhead

(chorus)
I don't care what people say
The rush is worth the price I pay
I get so high when you're with me
But crash and crave you when you leave
So I got a question
Do you want to have a slumber party in my basement?
Do I make your heart beat like an 808 drum?
Is my love, your drug?

No comments:

Post a Comment