Today I would like to rant about how much I dislike…and I mean DISLIKE…boyfriends and girlfriends.
What?
Let me explain.
I don’t like boyfriends because they take my girl friends away.
I don’t like girlfriends because they take my boy friends away.
But I’m not going to rant about that- because how helpful would that be? Not very.
I’d like to though. Okay fine….its inevitable.
Because as soon as someone gets a boyfriend/girlfriend their time is suddenly monopolized by that said person. Completely understandably.
But that means that the time that we spent together is now empty time when I don’t get to spend time with you…and that gives me time to write a rant about all the extra time that I’m not spending on you.
Or else I can be a third wheel.
That’s always fun.
But before you go on thinking I’m in a judging, jealous, bitter mood….now that I’ve gotten this out of my system…I can get on with real life and be sincerely happy that each of you have a boyfriend/girlfriend that enjoys spending their time with you.
There’s always a lesson in life, and today’s lesson (despite the ranting) is that the world does NOT revolve around me. Your life does NOT revolve around me. Even my own life does NOT revolve around me. It revolves around the One who has given me life, who has given me so many blessings and all the grace that I need to live abundantly.
When I get frustrated and annoyed that I’m still in the same place, the same hole, like this morning, I need to remember what’s most important. Why I was created. What my purpose is. And that I am loved beyond life itself by HIM.
I forget that so easily, and get caught up in the hole. I sit and wallow and listen jealously to all the fun everyone else is having outside of my hole.
But who’s the pathetic person?
That would be me….there’s a ladder right in front of my face. Instead of wallowing in self-pity and jealousy and grumbling about how stuck in the hole I am, I can count my blessings, focus on the light, climb that dumb ladder and ENJOY living, even if that means I’m a third wheel again.
Because, really, being a third wheel is much better than being stuck in a hole.
Handsome single men might notice a random wheel rolling around, but who looks in holes???
Just sayin’.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment