Friday, April 9, 2010

My Love Songs

“Your love is a song.”
To quote Switchfoot again….how could I not, they have the perfect lyrics for my life somedays.

Last night I was loved. By a song. Many songs. HE knows how to love me.

I went to a concert by Peter Katz (as previously mentioned) and it was absolutely radiant. My date and I, a dear good gal friend of mine (and also my personal hair savior!) were delighted with the pure acoustic guitar and emotion-ladden stellar vocals. The glass of wine, which we sipped during the performance in a small candlelit hall? That was precious too. Utter loveliness. His lyrics haunt me still.

Here are some of the most treasured lyrics of last night that God used to speak gently into my heart:

I will also mention here that I spoke with him after the performance, had him sign my cd…and then he kissed the CD. Just my luck that he was married this past summer- lol.

“cause your love was dangerous, and I was into taking risks.”
Dangerous

“Yesterday I could hold on/ say to my heart: “It won’t be long”
Yesterday I could hold on/ wait for the time that you’d come along.
But not today/ no, I’m not ok/ I just can’t take/ you so far away.
I just want to hold you.”
To See You

And this one especially, this one broke my heart, in a beautiful way:

“Like the breath from the trees/ the mercy of the breeze/ all the good you gave was free.
Love you let me go/ so I don’t need to go no more.
Every day, every night, every new/ every calm, every storm, will be you/
Every candle on a cake, every eyelash in the wake of a wind/ that blows it true.
Love you let me go/ so I don’t need to go no more.
You’re keeping yourself busy/ to keep your mind at bay.
Its time to take it easy/Just let it fall away.
Love you let me go.
So I don’t need to go no more.”
Let Me Go

I shall not say any more.

Silence.

Love you let me go…so I don’t need to go no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment