Wednesday, December 16, 2009

True Trust

You may notice that I have posted twice today. That would be because I have two themes of thought. My love for organizationcaused me to give each its own post.


“No mom, I’m not looking.”

“No ma’am, I’m not looking.”

“ummm….really, I’m not looking.”

For some reason, no matter how many times or ways I would try to tell people that I wasn’t looking for a man- none of them seemed convinced.

This in turn convinced me that I was somehow giving a very WRONG impression. As far as I could tell- I was completely at peace with the gift of singleness. I loved life. I was trying to live it to the full and completely and utterly enjoy my days of singlehood.

But something was wrong. People were not convinced I was telling the truth. I was confused and hoped that somehow God would enlighten me. He did.

Radar.

What? Yes, radar.

I realized this morning that there is something wrong with saying you trust in God and trying to practice trusting God and then keeping your radar on- all the time.

You know…the radar that keeps you alert wherever you go- alert and attentive JUST in case you MIGHT meet your soul mate. The one that notices and sizes up any man you meet- just in case. The one that masquerades itself as “just being completely open to the Holy Spirit.”

Sorry my little radar. That is not being open. That is being so open you, yourself are controlling your actions. You really are looking. Why? Because you don’t trust that God will let you know in time to catch what could be your ONLY chance. Really now. What if you miss that one chance? God isn’t going to give you another one, right?

Dear me: I don’t think so. That my friend is shallow trust. Very shallow trust. It’s a trust that says it trusts- but really finds a way to provide for itself because it believes the other will fail him.

The truth set me free.

I have decided to turn the radar off. (Along with Britney Spears’ song about keeping the radar on.)

I pray God continues to enlighten me and help me. I know He will. He is faithful and patient and kind.

Here are two websites He led me to that helped me realize these semi-profound thoughts:

www.boundless.org and http://www.futuremarriageuniversity.com/

If nothing else- they have some great articles on living your single life the way God has intended.

I love you all….if you are reading this…Thank you! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. So true about having your "radar" up and yet still trusting in God. I'm right there with you turning my own radar off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous! Thanks for visiting my humble little blog and commenting! It totally made my night!

    ReplyDelete