Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Tribure to OPI's Affair in Red Square

Yesterday I painted my fingernails red. Bright Christmas Cherry Red. If you know me- I VERY rarely paint my fingernails because it’s so impractical, time consuming, and seemingly irrelevant to my life. But for some reason- I sat down with 20 minutes to spare and painted my nails. I did it for me. I did it because I wanted to have pretty red fingers. I didn’t care who saw them- all that mattered was that I saw them.

Not even 24 hours later these same flawless bright red nails are chipped (care of the piles of dishes and children). But it doesn’t matter. I know what they once were. What they still are. They are my simple indulgence and joy.

Yesterday, I was my nails. I felt new and freshly painted and all shiny and red. Then life’s daily events and circumstances chipped my shininess. But I know for a fact that God was looking down at His previously amazing paint job, and loving me despite my nicks and chips and smushed red paint. He is faithful. So He sent me a myriad of things to inspire me this morning.

One of them was a reminder of some of my favorite Bible verses. They are as follows- paraphrased and somewhat source-less:

“Love is patient, love is kind…” 1 Cor. 13

“Come to me all who labour and are heavily burdened…”

“Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow nor weep and yet God provides for them…”

“I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10

“With God all things are possible…”

“I have plans for you, plans to give you a future and a hope…”

Sometimes I forget what a blessing the Bible can be. Scratch that…too much of the time I forget.


Today God reminded me.

No comments:

Post a Comment