Tonight Jesus loves me.
Tonight I have to write this down so that somehow I can believe it. Because somewhere in my million dissapointments, God DOES have a purpose. There is a reason.
Besides that, life is going very well. I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend, which consisted of a friday night superhero costume party, bbq at a friend's house, Murder Mystery costume birthday party, Mass and brunch with good friends, spiritual guidance from a very holy woman, and a delightful walk and movie with another friend. All of which added up to less sleep then during the week, but it was worth it. Should I mention here that I almost burned the house down last night?
Lessson: Don't ever leave chicken cooking in the oven while you go for a walk and watch a movie with a friend. Nothing remains of the chicken. I promise you. That God loves me is evident in the fact that I didn't burn the house down. I have some seriously scary pictures (of the charred chicken). One day I'll show you.
Tonight Jesus loves me. Tonight Jesus loves you. Tonight I love you. Tonight I chose to love. It is in these moments that I am reminded what real love is. It is not your own happiness, its the desire and consequential actions that make another person happy. Its giving up your own desires and dreams so that someone else's desires and dreams can be fulfilled.
Tonight love hurts.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment