I am stuck in the mire of a week of emotional turmoil. It hasn't been pretty.
And while I see light at the end of the tunnel, it seems so distant.
I have been battered and beaten, and most of it I can blame on myself.
Self-inflicted wounds are not beautiful. Malicious thoughts are cruel.
Uncontrollable anger and relentless jealousy are not anyone's friend. In any shape or form. They latch on to you and suck the living life right out of you. Leeches, the both of them. Ugly leeches. And only the salt of tears can begin to loosen their grasp. Tears fought off for so long. Tears that hurt to shed. Tears caused by such agony of thoughts that they seem pointless.
And yet, by some miracle, they help. Even if its just a release and a surrender to the feelings of distress that bring them on.
I'm still angry. I'm still wounded.
But maybe, with time, God will bring healing.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment