Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Soundtrack of My Life

I love how I have such a medley of music that makes up the soundtrack of my life. I put Lady Antebellum’s Need You Now CD into my car the other day and I was instantly transported back to last summer. I relived the good moments and then switched the CD as soon as it was done so I wouldn’t have to stay in the not so good moments from that time in my life.


I then put in Light’s CD The Listening. Words can describe how much I love this CD: greatly. The lyrics are profound and yet simple, discernible yet subtle and vague. The sound is mellow yet unique and uplifting. And at the core of every song is a message of hope, of promise, of the good things in life. Thank you Lights.


In addition, I love her hair...and I've been trying to copy her for a while now. My brother insists her can see a resemblance. Haha. Her concert was fantastic and I was incredibly impressed with how down to earth and awesome she is in person. Nevermind how awesome her music is.


Here is a medley of lyrics that mean the most to me…

“Sing , the last thing on your mind
The last word on your breath
I'll be the one to keep you
I'll keep you at your best”
-Last Thing On Your Mind
“How come I can never get the right words I need to convey
Wish I could explain what I need to say
Can I let the trees do the talking
Can I let the ground do the walking
Can I let the sky fill what's missing in
Can I let my mouth do the listening”
-The Listening
“How come you love me when I am ugly
Guess I can only hope
Give me a second go
Don't let me go alone
You saw me at the worst
You caught me falling first
All I wanted to know
Give me a second go”
-Second Go
“The night is deafening when the silence is listening
And I'm down on my knees and I know that something is missing
Because the back of my mind is holding things I'm relying in
But I choose to ignore it because I'm always denying them

I'm a bit of a manic when it's not as I plan it
'Cause I start losing my head and then I get up in a panic
Remember when we were kids and always knew when to quit it
Are we denying a crisis or are we scared of admitting it
I don't want to know

It won't ever change if you want it to stay the same
I really hate it but I know it's hard to choose if you're chained
And when it's all you control 'cause you got nothing else to hold
you're getting tighter and tighter, it's getting harder to let it go
I don't want to know

I just want to run to you
And break off the chains, and throw them away
I just want to be so much
And shake off the dust that turned me to rust
Sooner than later, I need a saviour
I need a saviour”
-Saviour
"Be steady on your feet
No matter the trouble you meet
Lions make you brave
Giants give you faith
Death is a charade
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid”
-Lions!
“And I know you're near me
I know you understand
Say that you're with me
Do you know my face like the back of your hand
My arms get cold
In February air
Please don't lose hold of me out there”
-February Air
“Seems like the more you grow, the more time you spend alone
Before you know it you end up perfectly on your own
The sun is always going to rise up
You need to get up, gotta keep your head up
Look at the people all around you
The way you feel is something everybody goes through
Dark out, but you still gotta light up
You need to wake up, gotta keep your face up”
-Face Up
“You make the darkness disappear

I feel found when you stay near
I know where I am when you are here
My way becomes so clear
You’re the only road I know
You show me where to go
Who will drive my soul?”
-Drive My Soul
“I could wait a thousand hours

Stay the same in sun and showers
Pick apart a hundred flowers
Just to be quiet
Tell me when you feel ready
I'm the one, there's not too many
Hold my hand to keep me steady
Just to be quiet
With you”
-Quiet

No comments:

Post a Comment