Monday, February 7, 2011

For Love of Starbucks

I think if the right man came along and kissed me till my knees collapsed, I’m quite sure I could be persuaded to move to a little prairie town.

Upon some consideration, I realized that as much as I love the hustle and bustle and constant activity of city life, I love the silence, slower pace, and peace usually found in country/small town life almost, and maybe, even more.

As long as I have people I love, wide open spaces with sunshine, blue sky, and patches of trees, I’ll be okay. As long as I have high speed internet and a mobile connection. As long as I can have Starbucks coffee and amazon.ca orders shipped to my house. As long as there is a library and well stocked liquor store. As long as I am within a two hour drive of a big city and very good shopping. As long as I have a little home where I can renovate, decorate, and home-make. As long as I can have my music and take/teach lessons. As long as there is a nice little Church and community that I can belong to.

Then, I’ll be just fine.

And thankfully, most of those “needs” aren’t impossible!

So take me away cowboy. Take me away!

~~~~~~

P.S. For the record though, I’d prefer to stay in this hustling bustling city. Thankfully, the chances of this (being swept away by a cowboy) ever happening are slim to none. Like not even a 5% chance. So I’ll just stay put, happily enjoying my city, even without a dashing cowboy that kisses me till my knees go weak. Yup.

P.S.S. And if it does happen, and some cowboy sweeps me away, heaven forbid if he lives on this random acreage in the middle of nowhere. The LEAST he can do for me (since afterall, I’m leaving civilization behind for HIM), is make sure that I LIVE in the darn small town so if I want to see another human being every once in a while, its easy to do so. And so my starbucks coffee can be delivered straight to my front door.

P.S.S.S. This sounds strangely like a situation I once thought about…and then decided against. I’m so utterly predictable. I probably even blogged about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment