Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blanket of Snow

It is blustery, snowy, and cold today. As much as I don’t like winter, its cozy inside. Its like the snow is wrapping its chilly fingers around me like a blanket and somehow keeping me warm and protected.


I know things will be different as soon as I go outside, but for now I am safe.

Safe to pensively contemplate my life.

I’ve been reading about my last year of life through emails I have sent to my confidantes. And while I am laughing at my stories and craziness, I am also reminded of how much I’ve grown and learned this year. I feel wiser, like I have weathered heart storms and am stronger for them. I am so grateful for every experience- especially the hard ones that provided tears to cry myself to sleep. Those are the moments that I look on most fondly. I learned how to love better, more deeply, more sacrificially, through those moments.

To the possibilities that I had to give up. Thank you for the moments of hope and then crushing reality. I still count you all as friends.

To the hard decisions and choices I had to make. You were worth it.

To the summertime fling. Oh how you taught me so many things about myself and about relationships.

To the friends that have remained by my side. You are miracles.

To the beautiful plans that God has in store for me. Bring it on.

To all my silly dreams and hopes for today and tomorrow. May God’s will be done.


1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful to call you a friend and a sister in Christ. Thank you for sharing your life moments on your blog.

    ReplyDelete