Friday, October 8, 2010

The Risk


I’ve haven’t had my share of persecution in life.


I had a bit in grade school. Being made fun of for being different. Nothing unusual, but still extremely hurtful.

But then my parents pulled me out of school and I was left in safety for many years within my faith and homeschooling community. I was still made fun of, but it wasn’t anything anyone else hasn’t experienced in life. I can’t say I was innocent in throwing it back in their faces on occasion.

But really…I haven’t been persecuted. Not to my fair share. My life has been easy. Living my faith has come easy. Many people love me and accept me with all my many quirks and unique different-ness. I compare my life to others, and all I can think is that I’ve had it easy and dread the time when it will be my time.

But I’m getting a taste of it right now. And it makes not a difference to me if I’m in the right or wrong. I’m standing behind someone. I’m standing up for someone. They could very likely hurt me, but I would much rather be hurt because I’ve seen the good in someone and I’ve supported them. Standing up to people who don’t see the good in them.

One day, maybe, someone will see and stand up for the good in me. And even if that doesn’t happen, I know that I have believed in a soul and sacrificed for it.

I won’t lie…I’m afraid that I’ll get hurt. But I must be brave. I must have hope and faith in what God can do in our person’s soul if I allow him to work through me.
“Be wise enough not to be reckless, but brave enough to take great risks.”
I’m taking that risk.

1 comment:

  1. Be brave and I will pray for you always, Your sister in Christ forever.

    ReplyDelete