Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Home-making


Well, by golly, guess what I've been doing lately?

Homemaking.

Yup.

I'm rather sad that my fabulous roommate is moving out, but I am keenly looking forward to having a kitchen to my very own self for a few weeks....my very own kitchen!

See...I've always been in someone else's kitchen. My mom's kitchen, my roommate's kitchen, my boss's kitchen...but never MY VERY OWN KITCHEN. You know, the kind where you can put the stuff wherever you want?

And because it'll just be little old me for a little bit....I can keep the kitchen, EXACTLY how I want it.

Its rather...fun. Liberating, A tad selfish too, maybe.

But, ITS FUN!

My house is still in a chaotic mess from Sunday afternoon (rather a shock to enter your house and see it in a state of such disarray), with things strewn in every corner in its semi-moving stage.

I don't enjoy the disorder...but I'm trying to be patient.

I started taking over the kitchen last night. I went and got some cutlery and knives and a few various other things that I required...and then, I put it all where I wanted it to go. Hah.

Glorious.

Sad is the woman who puts her life on hold and waits for such joys as home-making until she is married.

Not I.

I am going to live my life with crazy abandon...and that means I am going to be a housewife. No husband and children required. Just a house. I have that for a little bit. I CAN DO IT!

So today...three cheers to the sun, housewifery, and the ONE who loves me despite my lunacy.

1 comment: