Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blue Days

I’m having a blue day…not a seriously blue day, but a baby blue day.


Unrequited love and unrealized dreams…I could so easily focus on these points in my life. And I do. Thus the baby blue day.

But life is not better in wallowing. Yes- my dreams of having a handsome lover, being married and starting a little family, settling down and buying a house and getting a dog- they are not realized. Unrealized dreams they are. But that’s what makes a dream so beautiful- the anticipation of its reality. Even when I talk to all my friends embarking on the dreams that I dreamed for myself, they still find blue days, unrealized dreams and expectations. Life will never be just a piece of cake. It’s a whole meal of tasty and tangy and sweet and sour, and weird food with weird textures that leaves you wanting more.

I want to take the delicious parts of the meal and savour them. With a glass of wine.

To be honest, I don’t want to eat the yucky parts of the meal, but somewhere there’s a mother in heaven telling me I’ll need to eat it before I can leave the table. My doe eyes and pouty lip did nothing to dissuade her otherwise.

So thus, here I am, hungry, blue, and trying to look on the bright side.

I am way less hungry than poor, starving children.

It’s almost lunchtime.

Blue is a great colour. Seriously…

My blue plates and cups that I took out of the storage box last night. In love.

I’ve received two compliments recently on how good teal blue looks on me. I had no such illusions, I wore the colour mainly out of love for it…but this, this makes it TOTALLY worthwhile.

Blue is a pretty great colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment