Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Atrophy

Today, yet again, http://www.sarahmarkley.com/ inspires me. How often do I let some relationships atrophy. Sure, I'm not wonder woman, and as much as I'd like to be super close to all of my friends, it's not reaslitic. Each of us can only invest in a certain quantity of people to a certain quality.

As Sarah says:

"Atrophy: the degeneration of something from disuse....

Anything atrophies if we stop using it. Including relationships. Especially relationships.
Marriages and friendships are either getting better or getting worse. There is no hover posture for relationships.

We are either taking steps to repair, restore and increase closeness and intimacy, or we are not. And when we do not, it begins to atrophy. The relationship loses effectiveness and impact."

There is no hover position. I like that. There is no fence sitting. In faith. In relationships. In love. No fence sitting. Do everything you do with a purpose and a passion. Mean what you say and do what you do. Live life to the full.

One of my resolutions is to take more pictures. I want to remember these days. I want to cherish every day that I live, with all the wonderful people I am blessed to live with. I so easily forget, if I can take more pictures, it will help me to remember.

Today, I am cherishing life. Oh how bittersweet it is. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment